In a March which saw activity around the country, we’ve seen some shakeups in the National Rankings!
- The Midwest?
- Chicago Inter won the inaugural MTHL title, with Barrington THC finishing second. Looking forward to seeing a potential 8 team MTHL next season!
- The Arnold Classic occurred in Columbus, OH. Even though it was a bad weekend for East Coast travelers, it was a good weekend for Columbus Armada.
- The West?
- The Valley of the Sun tournament occurred, with San Francisco CalHeat earning their first tournament win of the season. We also saw the debuts this season (at long last) of Phoenix and Los Angeles.
- The Sasquatch Slam occurred in Portland, OR, with Seattle taking the honors.
- The Northeast?
- NYC Women won the women’s division of the NTHL, and continued their prep for Nationals.
- The Nassau Coliseum saw NYC3 taken on Long Island Tigers in special match following a Long Island Nets game. Long Island won that nail-biter by one goal.
So… How do the rankings look?
For the men, it’s NYAC, followed by NYC and Chicago Inter. DC Diplomats made a huge jump to the Top 5 as they attempt to make a decision as to which division they will enter in Myrtle Beach.
For the women, Rogue is still on top of the country. Despite the 21-10 loss to DC Diplomats, NYC remains in 2nd, with Houston, Boston, and DCD rounding out the Top 5.
And with College Nationals on the horizon, Army WPB solidifies themselves as the favorite. The voters think UVA and USAFA are in the best position to take them down, though none of the other participants are to be discounted.